Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Painting at 100 degrees in the light!

While temps climbed to the mid 90s around here, my studio was even warmer thanks to the banks of color corrected lighting that I use to keep my canvas well lit at all times. My paints didn't melt and for the most part, neither did I! Quite honestly for most of my painting session I wasn't really aware of how very hot it was. I was far to busy! It wasn't until I came downstairs that I suddenly realize how very tired I was.

My thirsty canvas is just about tamed. I have at least three layers on most of it and paint is beginning to move as it should. I made myself throw out some older brushes that were in my turps jar. I kept wanting to just get a little more use out of them and I really needed to have nice, new, sharp edged brushes.

Tomorrow I really need to clean my turps jar. It has some impressive sludge in the bottom. Not my favorite job, but pretty managable with some decent dish detergent, one of those coiled metal scrub pads and a lot of elbow grease! Fortunately I have a spare turps jar so I will be able to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment